- Select the gauge based on the chart below
- Custom length (up to 50cm) - Enter length in comments at checkout
- Packages of 4
WPI's MicroFil fills micropipettes easily and reliably. Its long and fine tip allows you to start the filling very close to the pipette tip, eliminating both air bubble formation and clogging due to the washing down of dust particles. The transparent amber MicroFil needle is constructed from a combination of plastic and fused silica - no metal components are used. The MicroFil needle can be stored for days with the filling solution inside without clogging. Sold in packages of 4.
|Part Number||Gauge||ID (µm)||OD (µm)||Length|
The MicroFil's tip elasticity is sturdy and very flexible though not unbreakable. Since it is more flexible than stainless steel needles, moderate bending will not block or damage the MicroFil needle. The combination of plastic and fused silica in the MicroFil tip is sturdier than plastic tips, allowing easy and repeated insertions into micropipettes. MicroFil's luer fitting allows easy coupling to syringes and syringe filters.
MicroFil can be cut into custom lengths from 1 cm - 50 cm for most sizes. Note that the CMF90U is available in 1-10cm lengths. Please specify the length IN THE COMMENTS BOX AT THE CHECKOUT when ordering. Note the length (in one centimeter increments).
MicroFil is constructed of fused silica, coated with Polyimide. The luer fitting is HDPP and is held in place with a medical grade UV adhesive.
- HDPP High Density Polypropylene–Autoclavable (Maximum temperature: 135°C)
- Polyimide coating–Autoclavable (Maximum temperature: 400°C)
- UV adhesive can tolerate three autoclave cycles to 80% strength, 15 min. at 130°C. It breaks down after five cycles with a strength of 15%.
NOTE: The fused silica tubing is susceptible to water intrusion that makes it more fragile. Pressurized steam increases this fragility.
W. Meier, G. Greune, A. Meyboom, K.P. Hofmann "Surface tension and viscosity of surfactant from the resonance of an oscillating drop" Eur Biophys J 29. 2000: 113-124
Custom MicroFil may be ordered in a variety of lengths and sizes.
- Choose the gauge from the drop down list near the price.
- Enter your desired length (in 1cm increments) into the Comments box at checkout.