Precision Surgical Microscope
Ideal for small animal surgery
- Motorized focusing system, allows hands-free operation
- Optional video adapter
- Improved optics 119 lp/mm
- Convenient handles
- New head tilting mechanism
- Coaxial Spot 42mm
- The Surgioscope requires special shipping arrangements. You will be advised of actual freight charge when order is processed.
- Choice of post height: 89 cm or 103 cm (specify in comment when ordering).
|PSMB5N||Binocular SurgioScope, F200 objective (Specify post height)|
|PSMT5N||Trinocular SurgioScope, beam splitter, standard video adapter, F200 objective (Specify post height)|
- Light weight, compact and easy to maneuver—weighs only 70 lb.
- Dual bulbs prevent illumination failure during surgery
- Five magnification steps
- Small animal surgery
- Veterinary surgery
WPI’s improved precision SurgioScope (now with five magnification steps) is a portable, high quality surgical microscope offering outstanding image quality and value. Incorporating an agile extension arm and excellent working distance objectives, the SurgioScope provides convenient movement and maneuverability necessary for accurate positioning. These important features, together with a high quality optical system, provide sharp image contrast and enhanced large field of vision. The SurgioScope comes fully equipped with a foot-controlled motorized focusing system, normally only found in more expensive surgical microscopes. A unique dual lamp housing enables safe and rapid changing of the lamp during an operation, without the need to power down. The optional video port on the trinocular version permits operational procedures to be monitored or recorded simultaneously using a video recorder and a COLCAM camera or digital stills with USBCAM50. The mobility of the USBCAM50 on the PSMT5 can be extended an additional 3 meters (to 6 meters) by use of an USB extension cable (503536).
How to Add a Camera to a Surgical Microscope
Mount a Camera at the Right Height on the CS-Mount
The camera mounted where the focusing occurs in the middle turning of the focus ring showing about a 1.5 mm gap.
To get the camera to this location:
- Lower the locking ring to the bottom of the mount.
- Screw the camera onto the CCD ring.
- Lower them all the way down (clockwise).
- Rotate the camera back (CCW) about 3 turns upwards.
- Bring up the locking ring up to prevent the camera from rotating.
To focus the camera:
- Make sure that the eyepieces are engaged into their keyed slots.
- Rotate the main eyepiece body and push down. At some rotation point, the pins and sockets will engage and the eyepiece will drop into a slot locking the main eyepiece body in place.
- Set the diopters on both eyepieces to zero.
- At the microscopes lowest magnification (usually #1 on the dial) focus on a flat object using the right eyepiece (assuming the camera is on the right side of the beam splitter) by moving articulated arm up and down. You may need to turn on the coaxial lamp on low intensity.
- Lock the arm once the view is in sharp focus. Do not move the diopter on the eyepiece.
|TOTAL MAGNIFICATION||3.5x -25x (F200)|
|ADJUSTABLE DIOPTER||± 6 Diopter|
|ADJUSTABLE INTERPUPILLARY DISTANCE||min. 50 mm - max. 70 mm|
|WORKING DISTANCE||195mm (F200)|
|FINE FOCUS ADJUSTMENT RANGE||30mm (motorized)|
|Working Height (Arm Movement Range Above Floor): 89 cm Post||Focus on specimens 34.5" (88cm) to 51" (130 cm) above floor *|
|Working Height (Arm Movement Range Above Floor): 103 cm Post||Focus on specimens 40.5" (103cm) to 57" (146 cm) above floor *|
|Note:||* Subtract Working Distance for height above specimen, 103cm post recommended for F350 objective.|
|RANGE OF MOTION: Maximum Stretch Radius of Arm||870 mm|
|RANGE OF MOTION: Vertical Movement Range||700-1100 mm|
Spot = 42 mm
Dual lamp housing with quick-change spare and internal coaxial fiber optic cable.
|HALOGEN-TUNGSTEN LAMP||12V, 100W, with cold reflection|
|OPTIONAL CAMERA||COLCAM, USBCAM50 (1⁄2” CCD), USBCAM33 (1⁄3” CCD)|
|POWER||110V, 50-60 Hz, or 230V, 50-60 Hz|
|SHIPPING WEIGHT||94 lb (43 kg)|
- Optional Accessories/Replacement PartsMultiple SKUs