Kite Manual Micromanipulator
Economy manual micromanipulator
- Vernier scales allow readings to 0.1 mm
- X-axis fine control allows readings to 10 µm
- Choice of optional M-3 Tilting base which can be mounted to a table with M6 screws. 5464 5-lb weight for Tilting Base sold separately
- Left or right-handed versions of the KITE micromanipulator are supplied with a standard 12 mm clamp and electrode holder M3301EH
Includes M-3 Tilting Base
Includes M-3 Tilting Base
- Control knobs clustered in the same plane for quick resolution
- Right and left hand orientation options available
- Electrophysiology recording
The KITE is an economical manual micromanipulator that is perfect for student use. It is available in right or left hand versions and is also sold bundled with an optional M3 Tilting Base. Our 5 lb. weight (WPI #5464) is frequently sold with this unit to provide stability.
Mounting the KITE Manipulator
When the KITE is mounted on an an M-3 tilting base with the steel weight and tilted at 45°, the average maximum practical height from the tabletop to the center of the pivot point on the manipulator is approximately 20cm.
When the KITE is mounted on an an M10 with the steel plate, the average maximum practical height from the tabletop to the center of the pivot point on the manipulator is approximately 32cm.
Vernier scales allow readings to 0.1 mm. X-axis fine control allows readings to 10 µm. Left- or right-handed versions of the KITE micromanipulator are supplied with a standard 12 mm clamp and electrode holder M3301EH.
The KITE mounts with two screws as shown in the image below.
The following images show various setups for microinjection. Keep in mind that parts are interchangeable. For example:
- M10 or the M9 magnetic base could be used.
- PZMIV microscope could be used instead of the PZMIII.
- M3301 or the KITE micromanipulators can be used, and these micromanipulators can be placed on either side. (Keep in mind, though, If you wanted to use a KITE on the right side of the setup below, you would order a KITE-R (right hand), or if you want an M3301 on the left side, you would order an M3301.)
- 5479 or 5052 magnetic bases are virtually interchangeable.
- One or two Nanoliters, one or two UMPIII systems, or one Nanoliter and one UMPIII may be used, as desired.
ONE NANOLITER/ONE UMP3-1
|X-axis Fine||10 mm||0.01 mm|
|X-axis||37 mm||0.1 mm|
|Y-axis||20 mm||0.1 mm|
|Z-axis||20 mm||0.1 mm|
|Shipping Weight||3 lbs (1.4 kg)|
S. Gelman, A. Ayali, E. Tytell, A. Cohen "Larval lampreys possess a functional lateral line system" J of Comparative Physiology 193. 2007: 271-277
- Steel Base Plate, 32 lbs5479$306.00
- Steel Base Plate, 10 lbs5052$171.00
- Angled Electrode Holder15873$90.00
- M10L Magnetic StandM10L$250.00
- Base Weight5464$125.00
- M10 Magnetic StandM10$170.00
- Replacement Electrode HolderM3301EH$63.00
- Magnetic Stand RotatableM9$255.00
- Tilting Base, 5.1"x 0.25"x 2.3"M-3$210.00