Precision Stereo Zoom Binocular Microscope (IV) on Track Stand
Modular, two parallel beam path design with high quality optics
- Planachromatic objectives, no optical distortion
- Large zoom ratio: 8:1
- Large zoom range: 0.62x-5.0x
- Step and continuous zoom
- 5-year warranty
- Includes PZMIV binocular body, 1x objective, pair of 10x eyepieces and eye guards and post stand
- High-contrast imaging, ideal for observing transparent, low-contrast objects
- Long working distance option available
- Integrated optical and biological research
The fourth generation of WPI’s precision stereo zoom microscopes uses modular, two parallel beam path design and high quality optical system. The advanced optical design with planachromatic objectives provides sharp and distortion-free contrast image throughout the entire zoom range and comes with an impressive 5-year warranty.
The PZMIV is available in a binocular or trinocular version. In addition, an extensive list of optional accessories is available that makes the PZMIV suitable for integrated optical and biological research.
The microscope comes with a track stand, standard 10x eyepieces (wide-field, distortion-free and high eye point), 1x planachromatic distortion-free objective.
See the specification tables marked areas for more details. On trinocular versions of the microscope with the LWD option, the camera view is nearly the same as the eyepiece visual field of view.
The trinocular version is a true trinocular, with continuous operation of both eyepieces and photo tube simultaneously. There is no need to block the right eyepiece to use the photoport.
Microscope objective and eyepieces work together. See Understanding Microscope Objectives.
|ZOOM RANGE||0.62x - 5x|
|TOTAL MAGNIFICATION||6.2x - 50x|
|ZOOM RATIO||8 : 1|
|FIELD OF VIEW||ø33.9 - 4.2 mm|
|WORKING DISTANCE||80 mm|
|BINOCULAR TUBE||Inclined 45°|
|INTERPUPILARY DISTANCE||50 - 75 mm|
|DIOPTER ADJUSTMENT||±5 Diopter|
|MICROSCOPE BODY||Rotatable 360°|
|OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES: Eyepieces||16x, 20x, 25x|
|OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES: Auxiliary lenses||0.32x, 0.5x, 0.63x|
|OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES: Total Magnification||1.9x - 125x|
|OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES: Field of view||ø106 - 1.8 mm|
|OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES: Working Distance||80 - 296 mm|
|SHIPPING WEIGHT||23 lb.|
The following images show various setups for microinjection. Keep in mind that parts are interchangeable. For example:
- M10 or the M9 magnetic base could be used.
- PZMIV microscope could be used instead of the PZMIII.
- M3301 or the KITE micromanipulators can be used, and these micromanipulators can be placed on either side. (Keep in mind, though, If you wanted to use a KITE on the right side of the setup below, you would order a KITE-R (right hand), or if you want an M3301 on the left side, you would order an M3301 .)
- 5479 or 5052 magnetic bases are virtually interchangeable.
- One or two Nanoliters, one or two UMPIII systems, or one Nanoliter and one UMPIII may be used, as desired.
ONE NANOLITER/ONE UMP3-1