- Compact and portable
- Easy to setup and use, simplifying the training of new staff and reducing the threat of human error
- Turnkey (Alll-in-one) system or plug and play system
- Small animal surgery
EZ Anesthesia is the system of choice for anesthetizing small animals, and it comes with a variety of choices. Animals to be anesthetized are placed in the acrylic induction chamber, and the system delivers a precisely blended mixture of oxygen and isoflurane. An activated charcoal air filter canister at the top of the chamber releases safe, filtered air back into the room. A water-heated cage warmer or warming plate (ATC2000) is used to retain the animal body temperature while in the induction chamber. After the initial anesthetizing, the animal may be moved to the heated surgical water bed and positioned properly in the snugly fitted nose cone. A highly sensitive valve regulated by the animal’s breathing works with the nose cone to ensure non-rebreathing efficiency. It allows safe anesthesia for up to several hours.
The breathing device also includes an air filter that releases safe, filtered air back into the room.
Oxygen and liquid isoflurane are not supplied. These are required to operate the system. Each system comes with all necessary components and connections for immediate use, including:
- Oxygen Regulator
- Vaporizer Unit
- One Induction Chamber (standard EZ-178)
- One Breathing Device (standard EZ-103)
- Case of Charcoal Filters
- Connecting tubing
Other available options include:
- Heated water beds
- Additional Breathing Devices
- Chambers in a variety of sizes
- Key fill isoflurane vaporizer is available separately or may be substituted in a complete system (Call for details)
Note, The stand is no longer needed from the video.
EZ-7000 Classic Anesthesia System
The Classic System has a user-friendly flow meter. The system offers five gas outlets that can supply a single induction chamber and four breather circuits simultaneously.
The system also features an oxygen flush button that purges the induction chamber with pure oxygen, thereby protecting personnel from exposure to anesthesia gas when opening the chamber. A handle on the vaporizer makes the unit easy to safely transport.
Laboratory safety with anesthesia systems
The safety of laboratory personnel is of primary importance. So, WPI's anesthesia system offers a choice of three breathing devices, all with a patented valve that mitigates the gas flow to the snugly-fitted nosecone. A highly sensitive valve regulated by the animal’s breathing works with the nosecone to ensure non-rebreathing efficiency and allow safe anesthesia for up to 12 hours.
In addition, an activated charcoal air filter canister at the top of the induction chamber releases safe, filtered, exhaust air back into the room. The EZ-FF9000 even includes a push button oxygen flush to safely eliminate the isofluorane from the induction chamber before you open it. This is the system of choice for anesthetizing small animals. Animals to be anesthetized are placed into the acrylic induction chamber, and the system delivers a precisely blended mixture of oxygen and isoflurane. A water-heated cage warmer or warming plate (ATC2000) is used to retain the animal body temperature while in the induction chamber. After the initial anesthetizing, the animal can be moved to the heated surgical water bed and positioned in the nosecone.The Classic System is the upgraded version of the original Anesthesia System that has been used effectively for more than ten years in hundreds of facilities.
• Accommodates animals ranging in size from neonate mice to rabbits
• Five outputs supply anesthesia to the induction chamber and up to four breathers
• New flowmeter configuration is more user-friendly
• Incorporates two flowmeters:
Flowmeter 1) Controls flow into the vaporizer
Flowmeter 2) Controls flow into the induction chamber
• The second flowmeter allows users to run the chamber and breathers simultaneously
• Pushbutton oxygen flush purges induction chamber before removing animals
• Carry handle facilitates safe, easy transport of the unit