Fixed Flow Anesthesia System
Complete small animal anesthesia system and all the accessories
- Safe for surgical personnel, 90% below OSHA Isoflurane limit
- Time efficient and cost-effective
- Virtually stress free for the animals
- Speedy recovery time
- Inhalation anesthesia (quick induction, speedy recovery and minimal animal handling)
- Effective for neonates up to 1 kg animals
- Compact and portable
- Easy to setup and use, simplifying the training of new staff and reducing the threat of human error
- Turnkey (Alll-in-one) system or plug and play system
- Small animal surgery
EZ Anesthesia is the system of choice for anesthetizing small animals, and it comes with a variety of choices. Animals to be anesthetized are placed in the acrylic induction chamber, and the system delivers a precisely blended mixture of oxygen and isoflurane. An activated charcoal air filter canister at the top of the chamber releases safe, filtered air back into the room. A water-heated cage warmer or warming plate (ATC2000) is used to retain the animal body temperature while in the induction chamber. After the initial anesthetizing, the animal may be moved to the heated surgical water bed and positioned properly in the snugly fitted nose cone. A highly sensitive valve regulated by the animal’s breathing works with the nose cone to ensure non-rebreathing efficiency. It allows safe anesthesia for up to several hours.
The breathing device also includes an air filter that releases safe, filtered air back into the room.
Oxygen and liquid isoflurane are not supplied. These are required to operate the system. Each system comes with all necessary components and connections for immediate use, including:
- Oxygen Regulator
- Vaporizer Unit
- One Induction Chamber (standard EZ-178)
- One Breathing Device (standard EZ-103)
- Case of Charcoal Filters
- Connecting tubing
Other available options include:
- Heated water beds
- Additional Breathing Devices
- Chambers in a variety of sizes
- Key fill isoflurane vaporizer is available separately or may be substituted in a complete system (Call for details)
Note, The stand is no longer needed from the video.
EZ-FF9000 Fixed Flow System
The Fixed Flow System is our most advanced system and provides preset, fixed flow rates with no need for adjustment. The system offers five gas outlets, each with an individual ON/OFF switch. The system ensures consistent, precise gas flow when connected to any pressurized gas source higher than 7 psi.
- Induction Chamber output is fixed at 1 LPM
- Four Breathing Circuit outputs are fixed at 0.5 LPM
This unit features an oxygen flush button that purges the induction chamber with pure oxygen, thereby protecting personnel from exposure to anesthesia gas when opening the chamber. A handle on the vaporizer makes the unit easy to safely transport.
Laboratory safety with anesthesia systems
The safety of laboratory personnel is of primary importance. So, WPI's anesthesia system offers a choice of three breathing devices, all with a patented valve that mitigates the gas flow to the snugly-fitted nosecone. A highly sensitive valve regulated by the animal’s breathing works with the nosecone to ensure non-rebreathing efficiency and allow safe anesthesia for up to 12 hours.
In addition, an activated charcoal air filter canister at the top of the induction chamber releases safe, filtered, exhaust air back into the room. The EZ-FF9000 even includes a push button oxygen flush to safely eliminate the isofluorane from the induction chamber before you open it. This is the system of choice for anesthetizing small animals. Animals to be anesthetized are placed into the acrylic induction chamber, and the system delivers a precisely blended mixture of oxygen and isoflurane. A water-heated cage warmer or warmingplate ( ATC2000) is used to retain the animal body temperature while in the induction chamber. After the initial anesthetizing, the animal can be moved to the heated surgical water bed and positioned in the nosecone.
This top-of-the-line system boast of precise, consistent, preset flow rate from each outlet, with no variables to configure… The Auto Flow System is our most advanced system and offers highly efficient, precise gas flow that is easy to use.
• Fixed flow rates are set specifically for mice and rats
• Each output is individually controlled with simple on/off switch
• Five outputs supply anesthesia to the induction chamber and up to four breathers
• Preset flow rates eliminate need for flowmeters and manual adjustments
• Protocols are easily followed without calculations
• Minimum opportunity for operator error
• Flow rate is not impacted by the type or number of accessories connected
• Precise, low flow gas saves money and protects personnel
• Pushbutton oxygen flush purges induction chamber before removing animals
• Carry handle facilitates safe, easy transport of the unit
- EZ-190AF Auto-Flow Vaporizer Unit
- EZ-103A Microflex Mouse/Rat Non-Rebreathing Device
- EZ-178 Mouse/Rat Sure-Seal Induction Chamber
- EZ-258 Charcoal Filters (8)
- EZ-320 Oxygen Regulator for ‘H’ Tanks
- Also includes mouse/rat nosecones, nosecone plugs, plastic
- surgery beds (2) and all connecting tubes
- Oxygen Regulation
- Heated Surgical Beds
- Size of Induction Chamber
- Type and Number of Non-Rebreathing Devices
E-Z Anesthesia - The Right Choice
E-Z Complete Systems
E-Z Systems Quality
Note, The stand is no longer needed from the video.