Ethyl Cyanoacrylate, low viscosity
- Mount rat/mouse brain slices
- Ideal for relatively small gaps and smooth surfaces
- Bonds plastic, metals & rubber
- Package of 10 - 0.1 oz. vials (approx. 1.5 ml)
- 90-120 cps
- Ethyl cyanoacrylate, low viscosity
- Sets in < 10 seconds
Cyanoacrylate adhesives have been on the market since 1958. Most industrial or household grade cyanoacrylate is made of shorter alkyl chain derivatives such as methyl or ethyl cyanoacrylate (WPI's #7341 and #7342). They are very useful for temporarily holding tissues such as mounting specimens for microtome sectioning. This cyanoacrylate is a low viscosity adhesive.
All of the cyanoacrylate adhesives offered by WPI are veterinary grade (not suitable for human application). Though very similar to the grade for human use, they are not sterile and do not have FDA approval.